cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for CCM catalog search

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SRM & CCM installed on the same instance but different client, and I'm looking for suggestions on how to set up single sign on (SSO) for CCM catalog search. Has anyone cofigured such a set up and can give me some pointers as to how to set this up?

Thanks much,

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For This You need to get in touch with your basis team and ask them to enable the system for SSO(single sign on). It is a simple task. See the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/15ee3adcf1913fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Please also go through the note 831908.

BR,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses.

Sorry that I wasn't being clear in my original question. I understand there are different types of SSO and I'm looking for susggestions on how to set up SSO specifically for CCM catalog search in which I have a need to set up at least 2 system ids with /CCM/CATALOG_SEARCH role and assign each with a set of defaults...one with NA defaults while the other with EU defaults. This will allow NA users to see catalogs in NA format and EU users to see catalogs in EU format (i.e. price & number notation/format).

I need to be able to (in working with our basis folks) configure SSO so that the system passes the right 'ccm-user' id & password when the user clicks on a catalog, which is maintained in the catalog call structure in the external web services. Can we configure SSO to pass the 'ccm-user' id in the call structure each time a catalog is called?

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please setup like this.

Client 100 (SRM), user srmuser1

Client 200 (CCM), user srmuser1, ccmuserNA, ccmuserEU

STRUSTSSO2, ACL from client 100.

Make sure the srmuser1 exists in CCM client.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

I think I understand what ccmuserNA & ccmuserEU are for...these are the id's I'd use in the catalog call structure. However, I don't know what srmuser1 is used for? Could you please explain as I'm not very familiar with this SSO config.

Thanks for your help.

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

srmuser1 is the user who creates a Shopping Cart.

ccmuserNA and ccmuserEU are catalog user who has catalog search role and proper date and number format.

Please set same password for srmuser1.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

If I understand you correctly, we have to set up EVERY user who creates SC in SRM in CCM as well? Up until now, we only have to set up users in SRM and use a generic ICF service user to do catalog search. Are you saying that SRM users also have to exist in CCM?

Thanks.

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your test result? I have only SRM-MDM Catalog and no more CCM.

If you implement CCM in the same client with SRM, you do not need to create users. Or you can setup Central User Management.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

Basis hasn't had a chance to work with me on this yet so we have not been able to test this out. I need their help on SSO & certificate set up.

We have SRM & CCM on the same instance but separate clients. Does that mean our shop users have to exist in both SRM & CCM?

Thanks.

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other solution is service alias.

You can create an alias for the service and specify the logon user.

Transaction SICF.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service alias is what we've been using and are trying to get away from per your suggestion because this service user is set to NA defaults so catalogs can only be displayed in NA format. Our EU users need to be able to search for catalogs and have them displayed in EU format so that's why we've been talking about creating multiple users with different defaults to be used in the call structure and pass that user value via SSO.

I'm trying to find out info on how to accomplish this via SSO and whether I have to create my shop users in both SRM & CCM. Up until now, our shop users only exist in SRM with the use of the service alias.

If we were to break away from the service alias, does that mean our users have to exist in CCM as well?

SN

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tested the alias solution? What was the result?

Create 2 external alias in SICF transaction.

/../CCMEU, client=200, user=ccmeu

/../CCMNA, client=200, user=ccmna

Create 2 Catalog ID.

CatalogEU, URL= ../../CCMEU

CatalogNA, URL= ../../CCMNA

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

This works! Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please add Access Controle List in the STRUSTSSO2 transaction.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/e86878c8204acc856d8d5da4a54fa4/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/e86878c8204acc856d8d5da4a54fa4/frameset.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/78/f1a8490e7011d6999500508b6b8a93/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/78/f1a8490e7011d6999500508b6b8a93/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Masa