cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Tooltips on Push buttons with ~webgui 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still using integrated ITS on ECC 6.0 and have recently implemented support stack 15, which messed up all of our table control. By upgrading the service parameters below, we were able to fix the table control issues and the screen works fine. However, when we put the mouse over the pushbuttons in the application, it shows our tool tip followed by "pushbutton deactivated". The pushbuttons actually work fine and we tried changing our tool tip text in the screen, but whatever we put in always adds "pushbutton deactivated" to our wording on the screen. Any idea where this might come from.

We have tried to play with the SICF parameters and if we remove the ~webgui 1 the problem is eliminated, but then we have trouble with our toolbar, which none of the simple_toolbar parameters will seem to fix.

-Change the ~generateDynpro 1 to ~webgui 1

-Change the ~webTransactionType EWT to ~webgui_simple_toolbar 128

-add ~webgui_theme sl

-add ~theme sl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

as far as I know there is an issue like that you have described in SP15. It is described in note 1159885.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks TJ, it looked promising, but when I applied the note it did not effect the tooltip, which still says pushbutton deactivated.

In looking at the HTML template that was updated by the note, it looks like the problem could be in there. I will take a look to see and search for similar notes with changes to the same template. If you saw anything similar please let me know.

Thanks,

Pam Laverty

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pamela,

the note applies only to the buttons of the application toolbar right to the OK code input field and the system button.

If your button is on the dynpro I need to have a closer look at it. Actually, I am not aware of such an issue by now.

Can you post the part of the HTML source code that contains the button's code? Just a couple of lines before and after that code should be enough.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your offer, I gave you a couple of points for the effort. I did not think that SAP would respond to my query since we are on the old ITS, however, they came back with a reply for this problem.

Apparently it was a known bug in the GUI_BUTTON.HTML on the WEBGUI service and they supplied me with a couple of lines of HTML code to change with regard to how the tooltiptext is assigned.

The code change will be included in support package 16, but they did not site a note for it.

Thanks again for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this issue will be resolved with Support Package 16. To fix this error

on SP15 please open GUI_BUTTON.HTML in SE80, service WEBGUI, theme DM

HTML-Templates, search for

if (quickinfo!="")

tooltiptext = " title=\"" & strmask(quickInfo) & " " &

fcode2key(fkeyid) & " " & a11y_button_type & " " & #a11y_disabled &

"\"";

else

if(buttonlabel!="")

tooltiptext = " title=\"" & buttonlabel_masked & " " &

fcode2key(fkeyid) & " " & a11y_button_type & " " & #a11y_disabled &

"\"";

end;

end;

and replace with

if (quickinfo!="")

tooltiptext = " title=\"" & strmask(quickInfo);

tooltiptext = tooltiptext & "\"";

else

if(buttonlabel!="")

tooltiptext = " title=\"" & buttonlabel_masked;

tooltiptext = tooltiptext & "\"";

end;

end;

Please republish WEBGUI to site INTERNAL after changing this.

oosthud
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP responded with a code change to GUI_BUTTON.HTML in the webservice WEBGUI.

This corrected the problem

oosthud
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to provide me with the changes as mentioned.

Deon