cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTools scheduling for Java stack on Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does one schedule brtools especially update statistics(brconnect) for a Java only installation on Oracle. I want to know is there any option like DB13 in SAP ABAP to schedule brtools from say either the Java engine home page(http://hostname:<portno>) or from Portal. We can schedule the same from OS level by running brtools, but would like to know is there any way we can do from application level like DB13 in SAP ABAP.

Thanks,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check following sap note

Note 320457 - Installing BR tools on a non-ABAP database

Note 892294 - Enhanced support for non-ABAP database in BRCONNECT 7.00

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

I had gone through the same notes previously. But they give no information on scheduling brtools for Java only installation. How can I schedule update statistics, database check from application level for a Java only installation on Unix?

Regds,

Joel

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have an ABAP instance you can connect your Java system using DBACOCKPIT on the ABAP one and use the central planning calendar to schedule.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the information. It solved my problem. Have awarded you points. Just one query though does SAP recommend this or is there any other best practice solution?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two notes:

320457 - Installing BR tools on a non-ABAP database

853610 - Configuring transaction DB13C for Oracle

DB13C is integrated to DBACOCKPIT so the most convenient way for doing that is to use the DBACOCKPIT (and thus DB13C as central planning calendar).

You can e. g. use your SolMan system to connect ALL your databases to DBACOCKPIT and so have a central point where you can administer everything.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are using windows os

BRCONNECT -u / -c -f stats -t ALL (for update statistics)

save this command in the .bat format

schedule it through scheduled tasks