cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileDownload size limitations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the NetWeaver 04 Web Dynpro binary cache functionality (in 6.40 SP15), I've noticed occasional errors when dealing with large files (~14MB or larger). Sometimes the download works fine, but other times, it only downloads a fraction of the entire file and stops, although to the Web Dynpro application, no error occurs. The error seems to deal only with the download itself.

In an xml file I am trying to download, this is included at the end of the file when the error occurs - with some html formatting:

com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebIllegalStateException: The stream has already been committed. Exception id: 00123F8AA8D2006F00000034000014B400044D35F9D476EF

Is this a known issue (I've been searching, but haven't found anything yet)?

Using the NetWeaver 04s IWDResource API (in 7.0 SP7), I haven't been able to reproduce this error, but would like to confirm whether or not it's something that has been addressed.

Thanks,

-DS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that there is a time out settings that might stop the download. Increase them (either on the java server through VIsual Administrator) and on your network (http requests) and try again.

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't seem like a timeout, because the error occurs pretty quickly when the download is initiated. When the download completes successfully, it takes significantly longer.

Can you elaborate on the settings you're referring to in Visual Administrator (as in where to find them)?

Thanks,

-DS

EDIT:

I've been referred to SAP note 1003502, which fixed the problem. It was indeed a timeout setting: ServletsLongDataTransferTimeout

Edited by: David Shell on Jun 10, 2008 3:38 PM

Answers (0)