cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Update Capabilities - SAPGui 7.10 ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a SAP Note that might detail exactly what capabilities auto update has?

My environment: I have front end installs of version 7.10 gui for Windows that were installed as packages from my installation server.

For example:

1) Is it possible to update the contents of a package (add/remove a component), mark the package as updated, and will existing installed clients 'see' this and have that component either add or removed from their installation?

From what I'm seeing it looks like auto update just deals with applying patches.

If so, to address my #1 item above, it appears I will have to un-install whatever package I have on the client and re-install another package with the different configuration.

Does this sound right?

Thanks,

Bob Held

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you have "SAP Front End Installation

Guide 710 compilation 2." ? Download from http:
service.sap.com\sapgui

and read it. In this document you can read :

1 )Package Content.

You can now select or deselect components. Components added will be newly installed

on the workstations. Those removed will be uninstalled from the workstations, if they

are not part of any other package marked for installation. When updating a package,

the package installation parameters are also refreshed and include new variables or

delete those that belong to components that are no longer part of this package.

2)The SAPSetup Automatic Workstation Update Service is a new installer feature shipped with

compilation 2. It works only when installed on the workstation. Whenever the installation

server is patched, or the packages installed are updated, this service will update the

workstation(s) and reboot them if necessary.

Regards.