cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing on File Adapter..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

We have run into an issue with load balancing on the sender side which can potentially cause one node to go down. We have 3 java server nodes on a single XI instance (ABAP & Java), when we pass about 30 to 50 messages of 10 MB size in a file-2-file scenario where each message is sent to eight different receivers, we have observed that the messages are picked up by only one server node on the sender side. The messages do get load balanced on the receiver side but I am not certain what controls this as we also observed that only one server node is active at a time on receiver side (round-robin). We use ABAP XSLT mapping programs with File content conversion on the receiver side.

We did find that by controlling the rfcengine threads you can load balance the distribution on the mapping service.

Can you please share your experience on how to control/configure load balancing of server nodes on both sender and receiver side in a single XI instance as well as in a cluster with 2 dialog processes.

Thanks in advance

- Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check this forum:

/thread/24959 [original link is broken]

Load Balancing for J2EE Web Applications

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ce/4522d557b26942b202e05ff9ee1f3a/frameset.htm

SAP Web Dispatcher - Load balancing EP6.0 SP2

/thread/19304 [original link is broken]

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can opt Recorset per message in file adapter for handling large data.

please check the replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry i have to include that we are dealing with XML files and not txt files. You are right if we deal with non-xml files there is a option "Record set per message". Let me explain in detail.. We will be getting a 300 - 400 MB XML file where we have to process through XI and send the data (XML, txt, csv, opt,.....) to 8 different recivers. With the help of UNIX shell scripts, We are splitting the XML file into small chunks of 5-10 MB each and feeding through XI (sender file adapter polling interval is 300 sec) and we are using 2 server nodes on the sender side. The load is not been distributed evenly among the available server nodes on the sender side... Can you please let me know how can we control the load on the sender node.

Thanks

Ravi