cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto determination of plant in Order-Critical Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In my project i am having an requirement, that in sales order the plant for the material has to be determined automatically, but the issue is

1. I cannot maintain Customer Material Info Record, as the Material, and customer data are very huge. i. e. more then 1000 material and and lacks of customer.

2. I cannot maintain plant in customer master, as material is from different plants, and different company codes,

3. I cannot maintain in Material Master as one material is assigned to different plants.

Business process..

I have 2 company codes, 125 plants, out of this 25 are selling plant.

This is a business critical situation for me, So please suggest any solution, in customizing/development. Suitable points will be awarded.

its urgent. thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Bidhu Bhusan Samantaray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain 1 default plant in material master and it will get defaulted in Sales order, but if you need to change them to a different plant, you need to change in Sales order only.

Else there should be some combination by which we can tell the system to determine the plant, if nothing is available as such, you need to go through the 1st point.

Reward if it helped

Chandru

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For your first question, for CMIR you can use LSMW. Thru LSMW you can upload lacs of data without any hassles. You can take help from an ABAPer for specific customisation.

For second question, again extend the material to the required plant ..u can use LSMW again... then using the same tool u can modify the customer master.

I dont think a material extended to many plants should be a concern.

Thanks

Vamshi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are clear about your requirement, like, which plant has to be defaulted under which circumstances/conditions (eg. based on customer group or any other criteria)- you can maintain a Zee table with all these data and can use a userexit to replace the defaulted plant with the desired plant while creating the order.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can maintain plant details only in MMRs since you have to extend them for all the required sales org and DC combinations.

As we configure the Delivering Plants in IMG-Enterprise structure-Assignments, relevant for that sales org and dist channel, the number of plants that sell material in that sales area will come down drastically.

In the sales order depending on the sales area of that customer, the corresponding MMR will default a plant and availability check happens in that. If you wish to change the plant, you can change it at item level using F4 functionality, which will display only the list of Delivering plants.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I understood what you are saying, but the issue is, I have 25 Depots which were defined as plant, and all are in same sales area. in this condition how i will configure it.

Bidhu

Edited by: Bidhubhusan Samantaray on May 21, 2008 9:41 PM