0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing the File to JDBC Scenario.

Here we need to connect to an external database which

is Oracle 8i using thin client. Here we realized that

we need a JDBC Driver(Which we believe

is "classes12.jar" / "ojdbc14.jar" )

Since we are doing JDBC Connection first time , we need

guidance on the steps required to install JDBC Driver.

Regards,

Shikha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following link and Install the drivers as the way it is mentioned in the guide 'How To Install And Configure External Drivers For JDBC & JMS'

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, Paresh's method worked. If XI does not have an external JDBC driver, you can not use JDBC adapters to connect to external DB servers. To solve this problem:

A. Download the required JDBC driver from DB manufacturer's side. Note that the Driver version shall be considered, you can get the DB version first, and then determine which JDBC driver version you shall user.

B. Download the "How to Install and Configure external drivers fro JDBC&JMS" from how-to page of SAP. One important SDM tool is packed in the guide.

C. Using this tool, add your JDBC driver files(they should be JAR files) to file aii_af_jmsprovider.sda .

D. Start SDM(in windows, using RemoteGui under program folder of SDM directory), and deploy the changed aii_af_jmsprovider.sda . The program will automatically restart your J2EE server, when done, the JDBC driver will be available.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you able to install the jar file with the procedure i mentioned????????????please check and let me know whether it was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to the XI world and have been working on my first XI install. I followed the 'How to" guide and deployed the JDBC driver. However when I activate a communication channel I get the error "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" and "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver" in the RWB Adapter monitor. I tried putting the full path to ojdbc14.jar and just ojdbc.jar in the JDBC Driver field. Neither works. Any ideas? Thank you,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Are you sure ojdbc14.jar is the suitable driver for your database to be connected? ojdbc14.jar is to be used for Oracle9.2 when you are using JDK / JRE 1.4. Even if there is a conflict of minor version JDBC might fail at runtime / at the time of query execution.

Off topic : if you post your questions separately & not as an answer to any query,you could also reward points for your query.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that the driver is acutally "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver". The download file is ojdbc14.jar. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David - Wondring, How did you find your driver file name ? I am using Microsoft SQL Serverand having the Drivers msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar & msutil.jar.

I need to know what is the value I should provide in "JDBC Driver" in my communication channel for Sender JDBC Adapter.

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish

The JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server is:

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection for MS SQL Server:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<server>:1433;databaseName=<dbname>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for copying and pasting the contents of the doc. I must have provided the link.

regards,

Sundararamaprasad

Message was edited by: Sundararamaprasad