SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest suitable module of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friends,

I did my M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Environmental sciences. Now i am looking forward for the entry into the SAP. Please suggest me with a suitable module that i can learn and in which i have a right growth.

Venu.

Bye all.

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

Normally the SAP has 2 major divisions like Functional and ABAP (technical-programming)

If you are a programmer it will be good to go for ABAP.

For functional it depends on what is your functional background like in what type of industries was your functional knowledge.

If you can send more details about it then I can let you know. As such I see a lot of scope for main SAP modules like SD sales and distribution, MM Materials management, PP Prodcution planning and also there are lot of SAP new dimension prodcuts in SCM, CRM etc

Thanks

View solution in original post

• SAP Managed Tags:
6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

Normally the SAP has 2 major divisions like Functional and ABAP (technical-programming)

If you are a programmer it will be good to go for ABAP.

For functional it depends on what is your functional background like in what type of industries was your functional knowledge.

If you can send more details about it then I can let you know. As such I see a lot of scope for main SAP modules like SD sales and distribution, MM Materials management, PP Prodcution planning and also there are lot of SAP new dimension prodcuts in SCM, CRM etc

Thanks

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Can you please describe the each Functional module in depth

Thnks,

Venu

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Venu

I will try to see how far it will help you. SAP modules are structured based on the different businesses that happen in any organization.

To start with

MM--> Material management; All procurement and Inventory related activities that need to happen in an organization will be carried out in MM module (For Ex: Purchase requsition, Purchase orders, Communication to Vendor about the PO, Goods receipts etc..)

SD--> Sales And Distribution; All Sales activities are carried out in SD module. (For Ex: Quotations from Customer, Sales Order, Delivery and Post Goods issue)

FI and CO--> Finance related activities and COntrolling are carried out in FIand CO module. P&L statement and balance sheet are derived from FI

PP--> Prodcution and Planning: Prodcution planning and Shop floor control activities are carried out in PP module. Std processess are Sales and Operation planning, Demand Management, Materials requirement planning MRP, Planned orders, Prod orders, Execution of the Prodcution orders and confirmation

PS--> ALl project related activities are handled in PS modules Project systems.

I have tried to brief the important modules any one of the above could be a driving module based on the Business of the company

If you need any more info please feel free to contact me

Also Please refer to help.sap.com which is in detail documentaion of all the modules offered by SAP

Thanks

• SAP Managed Tags:

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

here you are in the IS-Media forum.

But IS-Media is an industry solution of SAP.

To leran more about SAP it would be helpful to have a look at the core components (SD-Sales and Distribution, MM, PP, FI or CO)

Maybe it would be helpful to visit a general SAP-cours where you get an overview.

I hope that the information are helpful.

Regards

Claudia

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

Sap is a module which provides end 2 end solution for any industry specific enterprizes.See first of all when we want to get into this sap we should have domain experiance so that we can get sap relative jobs like

manufacturing-sap sd,mm,pp,wm...

Pharmaceutical-sap sd,mm,pp,wm...

Banking-sap fico..

tech support-sap basis,Xi

Languages-Abap.

please try to join any new Industry spefic-sap modules.Like

is-retail,

is-media,

is-utilities....

rewards and regards

tskmba

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All...

I'm a complete new here!

I have completed MAsters in Computer Management and Masters Diploma in Journalism and Communication.

Currently associated with the field of Branding, Corporate communications for last two years.

Which module could be suitable for me?

Omkar

• SAP Managed Tags: