cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Qualified lookup field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have one qualified lookup field in main table of the repository. when i created the iview for ItemDetails then i selected all the fields of the main table which includes the qualified look up field . but when i see the preview then i am not able to see the field of qualified lookup field in the preview. it is not displaying but i selected the same field.

please help me out on Can we enter the data in the qualified table field which is part of main table in the repository while creating the record??

but i am able to edit the qualified lookup field which is part of main table. but the only problem while creating the record it is not displaying me the qualified lookup field. please help on this........

Thanks

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't add qualified lookup values to a record through an iView unless the record is already created. You have to first create the main table record, save it, then edit it again to add the qualified lookup values.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

It will not allow you to add the qualified lookup value in the main table record directly.

As the qualified lookup field in the mai table links the main table record with the qualified table fileds.

You will only be able to view the non-qualifier field values in the main table but the qualifier value for that particular record will be visible in the qualifier table only.

So as to populate the lookup qualifier you need to create the main rec then you can establish the link and populate the qualified table fields.

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona