cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting ICM icm/host_name_full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have developed some BSP's that run via SE80 having been configured in the ICF.

I had a problem in DEV that the URL was not fully qualified when you ran the BSP, i solved this problem by setting parameter icm/host_name_full=<server>.domain.com, this worked in DEV & QA and the url was fully qualified and the BSP ran ok, you could see this fully qualified in SMICM - goto - Parameters - Display.

I have now set the parameter :

icm/host_name_full=<server>.domain.com

in our production envirnment, but when you use the BSP, the url is not fully qualified, I have checked thorugh SMICM - goto - Parameters - Display and the icm/host_name_full is not fully qualified there, I then checked RZ11 for parameter icm/host_name_full and it is fully qualified correctly in what I entered.

I have found OSS Note 77380 - FQHN determination in ICM, looking at this note is states parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL has the highest priority, so it is used to resolve the FQHN, looking at our production Instance profiles, SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and SAPLOCALHOST are set with just the server name, not the domain name, this is a Windows server 2003 64 bit clustered, so its a high availability system, looking at the note, I think I need to set parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL=<server>.domain.com and restart SAP.

Looking at our DEV & QA instance profiles SAPLOCALHOSTFULL & SAPLOCALHOST are not set.

Are there any other parameters I need to change to get the BSP working with the FQHN ? restarting production is difficult as we run 24*7, so I have one more opportunity before we go live with the BSP's.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the host file entries on your system as well server.

Try mapping fully qualified host name against the ip of the server.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Thanks for the response.

I have just checked the hosts file on the server and the server IP is against just the server name, not the FQHN of <server>.domain

Should I just set the FQHN <server>.domain against the IP in the hosts file?

Should I also change parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL to FQHN of <server>.domain as described in note 77380, it currently has just <server>

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to FQDN to take effect you have to mention the domain name in Instancee profile by setting the parameters SAPLOCALHOSTFULL or icm/hostname_full and also in host file too.

But you have to restart the server for the instance profile values to taking effect.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay kumar