cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What must be done for sending out a SD doc. with a text (external e-mail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a customer program and form (Z- namespace) for printing an order confirmation with "medium 5", device = 'MAIL' in order to send it as an external mail. The mailtext (Thank you for ordering. Please find attached your order confirmation.) is set up in customizing for the condition type. The e-mail is sent out correct, the order confirmation is attached as PDF, but the mail text is empty. For internal mails (out of SAPoffice) everything is working fine. Has anybody an idea? What must be done (Customizing, Userexit etc.) that a text is sent with an external e-mail. Thank you in advance!

Edited by: Claudia Stelting on May 22, 2008 9:25 AM

Edited by: Claudia Stelting on May 25, 2008 3:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1

in the receivers table you have to give receiver type field REC_TYPE as 'U' for out side the sap the following are

'B' : SAP user name

' ' : SAPoffice name

'C' : Shared distribution list

'F' : Fax number

'U' : Internet address

'R ' : Remote SAP name

'X' : X.400 address

Thanks,

NN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nethaji babu!

Thank you for your reply! You was the only one who answered me and your answer is helpful. I found this function module, too and came to the final conclution to add an additional coding to the printing program. In this form I will read out the spool request, convert it to a PDF, read the text with function module "Read_text" and then send an external e-mail by using the FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1.

Thank you!!! Claudia

Answers (0)