Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I transported Roles (BI 7.0) by collecting objects in Transport connection to QA system, but I eneded up regenerating profiles for all of them. Is this is normal?

OR is there any difference directly clicking Transport buttom from PFCG screen? do I need to re-do all my Role transports again?

Thanks,

KK

4 REPLIES 4

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't give you a definitive answer, but in PFCG, there's a tick-mark "Also transport the generated profiles of the single roles" on role transport screen.

This could be the difference - checking this probably piggy-backs the profiles to the transport.

Personally, I leave it unchecked and regenerate all profiles on the target system via SUPC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is not much diff, if you transport using pfcg you need to generate the profiles again in the destination system.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did a mass transport of roles again using PFCG -> utilities -> mass transport and transport all roles needed. The profile got generated again...

Thanks,

KK

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You need to generate the profiles again in destination system.

Use SUPC tcode if you are on the same platform else if you are upgrading the system then cross check the authorization values and regenerate the profiles manually.

Rakesh