cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline Table reorg for long/lob columns in oracle

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing offline(export/import) table reorg using brtools 6.40/7.00 version,but after exporting the table it is not allowing to import the table unless we drop the table in manually.Is there any workaround to import the table without dropping the table manully.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

--hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are doing offline reorg you are restricting BRTOOLS to drop the table.

The database needs to be up for it to export then drop the table and then import.

Thanks.

Shawn

0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your answer. But i remember in brtools version 4.6d for offline table reorg we were not dropping the table before proceeding with import but in new brtools version i see one option # Table exists action (action) ............ [skip] , is there anyway to change this option as this was hashed out.

Regards,

--Hari

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are talking about two different tools (SAPDBA and BR*TOOLS) with different approach to the reorganizations.

SAPDBA only allowed offline reorganizations.

BR*tools (initially) was developed to do online reorganizations, for that reason you do not have one option "offline reorganization" equivalent to the one in SAPDBA.

If you do not want to drop the table, then you can rename it (also the indexes) and then drop it when the process is finished. But this has to be done manually.

The command is something like (from the top of my head, check the oracle docu for the exact syntax)

ALTER TABLE/INDEX <name> rename to <name>