cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL verified, previews correctly, compiles but Deploy gives error

0 Kudos

We have Visual Composer 7.0 SP14.

I have a data service for an Oracle Database connection placed onto my iView. I created an SQL using the SQL Editor in VC. While in the SQL Editor, my SQL statement Verifies as valid SQL and Preview returns the correct data. The model compiles just fine. When I try to deploy the model, it dumps with multiple errors.

Error in compiling Flex application: Error 1002: String literal was not properly terminated

Error 1033: ';' expected

Error 1029: Unexpected '.' encountered

Error 1029: Unexpected '&' encountered

Failed to compile AAD2TD.mxml

I have tried to edit the SQL by placing a ';' at the end of the statement, by using double quotes in place of single quotes etc... but these SQL attempts fail during Preview.

Is there any documentation regarding the limitations of the VC SQL syntax etc... when deploying

the VC model? What to do when standard SQL does not deploy in VC?

Regards

MPersson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Vani,

Thanks for your reply. I read the doc you suggested. I edited my SQL statement like the doc suggests. Changed all the double quotes to blanks, then enclosed the entire SQL statement with

double quotes to pass it as a string. This then failed the Validation. I removed the double quotes

all together. this then passed the vaildation check, it returned the correct data in Preview, compiled and then did actually deploy. It worked ! Thanks for your help.

MPersson