Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing reference while building a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WD DC which uses KM api.

When building the project I get no error and everything is ok, but while building the DC I get several errors about missing references (like "com.sapportals.portal.security.usermanagement does not exist").

My project is referencing those jars but the DC does not.

Aviad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Aviad,

Check for EP_BUILDT SC.

If that SC is not available then ask your basis people to add that SC in your track.

or else you can create a external library DC and for your jar and deploy it .

It will be good if you add all the SC's require for portal development in your track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do use DCs but we don't use DTR (for now) so the "track" we are working on is "Local Development".

I do have the EP_BUILDT SC. The SC include 5 DCs which cant be referenced from my dc.

Normal component <my comp name> may not be use build infrastructure component <any of the 5 DCs in the EP_BUILDT SC>

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to get through this? If so, can you please let me know how?

Thanks.

MSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MSR,

The ways to solve the problem are written above (Library DC, update SCs and so on).

I (as I guess you are) am searching for a simpler solution, but with no luck.

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look to this thread:

Also this: /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

- Include libraries in a DC

Best regards,

Jorge Linares

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

If fou have set all used DCs and your SC have build time references for other SCs (EP_BUILDT...), other thing you should check is whether you have imported those SCs in your system using CMS Transport Studio.

In addition to define build time references, the referenced SCs must be put in the import queue and transported to all runtime systems. Without this step, build process fails.

Example: download EP_BUILDT from service.sap.com/swdc and import in runtime systems using CMS Transport Studio.

I hope this help,

Jorge Linares

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have a general problems with the SCs.

If I don't use this specific jar everything is ok (the jar ep5 security jar which is needed in order to use km api).

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

Try this:

Add the used DC. Expand DC MetaData -> DC Definition. Right click in Used DC and Add Used DC. Then you find into com.sap_SAP-JEE a package com.sap.security.api.sda and press finish.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already have a reference to "com.sap.security.api.sda" in my used DCs, but that reference does not includes the "com.sap.security.api.ep5.jar" jar.

Of course I have all those SCs and the mandatory DCs, and ofcourse there is a missing DC, but which one?

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aviad,

As far as I know, none of the standard SAP SCs has this library/jar included. I had this problem before. Your best bet would be to create DC of type "External Library" for that jar and reference it in your application.

I would love to hear if anybody has a better solution. Thanks!

Cheers,

~kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

Check the following:

Have you included the Jars directly in your NWDS project? This should not be done in this way.

Have you checked the list of used DCs in your DC? Maybe, you need to reference another DC.

I suppose your DC belongs to a Software component defined in a track in NWDI. Which SCs are included as build time requierements?

When developing SCs, other SCs such as DI_BUILDT, SAP_JTECH or SAP-JEE must be included in order to new DCs developed have access to all libraries.

Check if you need another required SC such as EP_BUILDT.

Best Regards,

Jorge Linares