Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Integration Scenario

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wuld like to know whether I can create a Integration Scenario after completing the Configuration steps (eventhough it doesnt make much sense)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your quick responses.

I know its not mandatory. But due to Client Requirement, I need to create a INtegration Scenario (for which I have done the configuration steps already manually). So is it possible to add this to a existing scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is it possible to add this to a existing scenario?

I don' think its possible.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not mandatory to create an integration scenario for every interface.

But if you create integration scenario for your interfaces then creation of ID objects becomes easy. You only assign the business system to every swimlane and assign sender/receiver communication channel to each connection wherever required.

After this it will automatcally generate all configuration time object.So it reduce time to create ID objects for your scnario.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarthi,

Its not mandatory to create the integration scenario.

The integration Scenario in IR will be useful for re-presenting the whole flow of the interface.

If you do the itegration scenrio in Design time then you do not need to follow the stpes which is required in configuration like creating Aggrement,determination and all. you just need to import the scenario from integration repository that will avoid configure part.

Usually during the audit time the auditor checks whether IS is designed or not? as that is the good practive to design ur scenario with IS.

Companion Guide to Integration scenario

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

It will be good loaction to get all the information about whole interface.

You could either create or transport the same Integration scenario in ID.

With the use of Integration scenario you could model the whole interface with all minute details

It comes under best practices. So if you create the IS it will be very easy for you to understand the and designe the business flow. Morevere becomes very easy while creating/configuring the Integration Directory, you just need to import the design objects form IR.

If you will not create IS, there is no harm. So it all depends upon client and also you.

Thanks,

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create Integration Scenario if you have done with your configuration settings.

We will do Scenarion in 2 ways.

1 way is creating Integration Scenario in this we will draw diagrams how the flow is going. after creating this we will upload IS in configuration.

2nd way no need to create IS directly we will configure things.

Reward points if needful.

Thanks,

RamuV

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arathi,

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

In your Configuration Intergartion Builder------> in the top Scenarious, Objects & Change lists is there

On that click Scenarious -

> Then Right click-----> Give u r scenario name eg: O2I_ORDERS_UK.

save.

Thanks,

satya Kumar

Edited by: SATYA KUMAR AKKARABOYANA on May 21, 2008 3:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I wuld like to know whether I can create a Integration Scenario after completing the Configuration steps

should be no problem.

> eventhough it doesnt make much sense

It could make sense.

For example if you want to use this scenario for another configuration scenario.

Regards

Patrick

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

creating Is is not Mandatory...

You can continue creating the design objects and Configuration scnario with out IS.. Here in design you have to do all the steps manually..

define Communication Channels and assign to configuration Scnario..

1. sender agrement

2. receiver agrement

3.Interface Determination

4. receiver Determination

after this assign this all these objects to created Configuration Scnario..

then that will complete you part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not mandatory to create the Integration Scenario for Every Interface

I think we have to create the Integration Scenario before Config Objects creation

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

Regards

Seshagiri