cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot use approp. request type 1 without a project profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What should i do. I tried to create appropriation request. Error message appears

You cannot use approp. request type 1 without a project profile

Message no. AO257

Please help.

Cheers,

Nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You create Apr request which can either get replaced with Internal Order or Project/WBS after approving the request.

For this to happen, you need to have assigned either order type/project profile in the Apr request type.

Config Node where you maintain this is below:

Investment Management>Appropriation Requests>Master Data>Control Data>Maintain Appropriation Request Types

Maintain the profile and set the indicator WBS element as Allowed measure.

Better refer the Best Practice Configuration Guide available for Investment Management on SAP help portal.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I already maintain the AR request type. Click the WBS element and put project profile on it . But when i tried IMA11. The error message still appears.

Please help.

Cheers,

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also u can check SAP note no.813767

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note 813767 should solve your issue. It says:

Implement the correction. The system then displays the correct error message AO272 instead of message AO257.

The actual error is that you want to create an appropriation request for an appropriation request type that does not contain a profile for cost planning. A profile for cost planning is always required.

In Customizing, complete the profile of the relevant appropriation request type for cost planning.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in transaction OITL, under influencing field value 1 of the field Appropriation request type, whether project profile is made as 'Required' entry.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nies,

Goto SPRO->Investment Management->Appr Req->Master Data->Control data->Maintain Appropriation Request Types

Double click your req type, under section Integration in program planning-Allowed measures: It seems only WBS element is selected, specify Project Profile in front of this.

Regards