cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functiona Spec-SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can anybody send me Sample Functiona Spec-SD to me.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Cheers,

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

There will not be any specific or standard format for Functional Spec.

These are either client specific or compnay specific. If we are implementing for some specific clients then they will be have some standard formats of Functional Specs otherwise most of the IT companies who implement, they will also have some specific formats of Functional Specs. So, this will not be same for entire universe.

Just you need to understand what exaclty a functional spec is and what it contains etc.

A Functional Spec is nothing but a Word document which containes required changes need to be done in SAP system from Technical Side i.e., ABAPERS. Once we complete ASis and Tobe processes. Then if we need any technical changes in the system, then we cant tell the technical consultants orally about what needs to be done. And if we tell them in our functional language also they will not be understanding. Thats way, we need to prepare a documentation which containes all the techncial language i.e., Tables , fields, screens, transactions etc so that the technical consultants will gothrough the document and do the technical changes accordingly.

Always Funcational Spec is recommonded when there is any Tehcnaical Changes or requirements so that, in future there wont be any communication gaps or any misunderstandings between functional and technical consultants.

HOpe this is clear

Reward if helpful

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridhar_muthekepalli3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Functiona Spec depends on business requirement.It may vary from client to client and the business process.

Refer to the following documentation.

http://www.sap-img.com/general/what-are-functional-specification-in-sap.htm

Please let me know if you need more information.

Assign points if useful.

Regards

Sridhar M