Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing from Xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While importing from XML,

I have mapped the fields and its corresponding values in Map Fields/values tab,

But it is not allowing me to Match records so that i can import.

Can anyone solve my issue.

Regards

Nagalakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalakshmi,

Are you using a save map?

If so may be the matching field was selected before nad then because of your mapping or unmapping it is not allowing you to select the matching fields.

Try unmapping all your fileds and then chk the satus in the matching tab you shoul nt see any fields

Then go and map all the required fields again and then chk the matching tab status.Now you should be able to see the mapped fields and when you select it ,it should allow you to add it .

it could be due to an inconsistend behaviour of the tool

Hope it helps

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to Match Records tab.

Select single field OR combination of fields from Mapped destination fields window

Then click on Add button

I hope then u will be able to import ur records

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had already did that,

Though i select a single/Collection of fields,the add button is not getting enaled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the fields appearing for matching? If not then map atleast one Flat field with the source field because only flat fields will appear in the matching tab.

Could you please give us the XML so that we can try to import it?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here in my mdm i have a sork key table with descriptio and key as fields to which i should map this imported xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalakshmi,

1) If you are trying to import the XMl file to a look up Flat table, then I hope you have mapped the 2 fields that you have mentioned.

And Then in the Matching Fields, ( if none of the fields are not taken as unique in the Console) you will have to choose both of the fields in the Matching Fields to get the ADD button as enabled.

2) And also I can see that your XMl file is Multilingual. Now, you have 3 Descriptions for a Sort key.

For mapping this kind of a Structure, you will have only 1 Field in the Destination Side ( Description), whereas 3 fields (Description_German,Description_English,Description_French) on the Source side.

I think, You will have to use the Pivot Feature of the Import Manager to successfully import this structure as Multi-Lingual Data.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain