Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to ESS in ITS server without the login screen

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having ESS( Employee Self Service) running in ITS server version 620.

As of now logging in to ESS is done via a login screen where in the user ID and password is entered by the employee and then validated.

To reach the ESS link the employee is already validated ( he gets into a homepage where he logs in with a particular set of user ID and password, different from his ESS ID). There is one-to-one relationship between the home page login ID and ESS login ID.

The requirement now is that

When the employee click on ESS link after he logged in to the homepage, he should logged in to the ESS system (Without asking for his ESS id and password, as he is already authenticated).

Any suggestions on how to achieve will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Gowri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Issue not fully addressed but the problem solved in a another manner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6772-10/sapits.html

Have a look at the link above this has entire information.

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

Is PAS the only solution for the above requirement.?

Is there any standard BAPI where in we pass the user ID and password of ESS we get the screen after logging in into ESS.

Any suggestions!

Regards,

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my experience / knowledge goes there are no bapis to validate the password in R/3... there are bapis that can change the password so I guess this is the best suitable but I advise a second opinion.

thank you

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Barin,

Thanks. I am aware all such BAPI where we create,reset and delete the user ID, But stuck up finding suitable BAPI which enables to login.

In ITS how is the validations carried out when a person enters his ESS user ID and password.

One more doubt. Is PAS tool a paid tool/service?

Regards,

Gowri

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone reply please.

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to do an SSO between your portal and ITS. On what webserver does your internal portal run please.

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Barin,

Exactly ur right.. SSO is the solution. But how to achieve it is the point of discussion.

We use a Tomcat 5.5 webserver.

Let me know in case u need further details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using portal to logon to ESS and when you say home page do you mean the portal home page.

Please respond with portal version or otherwise.

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Barin Desai for replying.

We are not using portal. It is a normal homepage webpage (which is accessible both from intranet and internet).

Let me know in case u need further clarifications.

Regards,

Gowri

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i understand is that while accessing every service ESS is asking for password...

if so please send your global service file from ITS

former_member873340
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Barin,

No. Thats not the scenario.

Let me give a little more detail.

The employee logs into the company webpage with the user ID and password. There he finds the ESS links. The requirement is that if he clicks on that ESS link he should be able to see the logged in screen of ESS and not the screen which askes for ESS user ID and password.

How to achieve this.

Regards,

Gowri.