cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour row of table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We had wanted to colour certain rows of a table depending on a value in a particular column to alert the user to the fact that the row needs their attention.

I couldn't work out how to do this from looking at the cell properties in NWDS so I searched here and found that a couple of folks had asked the same thing.

The answers have been that it's not possible, that as close as we can get to this is to colour the text by using the "semanticColor" property, another (quite good) option given was to add a column and display in it an icon that alerts the user, perhaps red and green dots or some such.

Even as far along as SP14 is this still true? Can I have a definite, "You cannot colour table rows", from someone here who knows so that I can point it out to my boss? Perhaps someone knows if this (seemingly usefull) feature is in the works from SAP?

Thanks for your time,

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean your boss doesn't believe you if you tell him?

Yes, you cannot color the cell background in SP14. But you can set the text color for TextView editors or you can set icons for the rows that need attention. Why not add an exclamation mark icon like in Outlook?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies folks, very helpful indeed.

Regards,

Patrick.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

When NW 7.0 will be released, you'll have more options: this version allows styling of individual cells (quite wide set of options).

VS