cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create release order for value contract?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear experters,

I create a value contract by T-code:va41, order type"WK1".I set a Assortment module to this order and mateirl "WKM1" to it.

then I create release order by T-code:va01 with refrence to this value contract,but it set the material "WKM1" to the sales order, and I can't modify this material! I want to put another material which belong to the assortment module in the value contract. I want to know how.

thanks.

Best regards

lance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assortment Module for Value Contracts

This function enables you to define a list of materials that can be released from a value contract. Materials can be assigned to more than one assortment module.

An assortment module is an entry tool and can be called up from the value contract. It is valid for a certain time period.

If you delete a material from the assortment module, to which a value contract refers, you will be unable to release that material.

In the value contract, only materials with the same sales organization and distribution channel as the value contract can be taken from the assortment module. All the other materials in the assortment module are not displayed in the value contract.

To fulfill both these requirements, two types of value contracts are offered in the standard system:

Value contract type WK 1

You can specify a product hierarchy or a assortment module for value contracts with contract type WK 1. The system will always propose this type of contract, if you want to create a contract for several materials or a certain group of materials. All the materials in the relevant assortment, or belonging to the specified product hierarchy are then relevant for release.

Value contract type WK 2 (material-related)

You can create contracts for one material (usually configurable) with this type of value contract. A software company is an example of where this kind of contract is often used. There, a contract for the value of $500,000 is made with the customer for one specific software product.

You can also agree on the length of the contract for this type. The contract duration can be agreed at item level and can be different from the contract duration specified at header level.

You can store special price agreements for the value contract. These price agreements can then be used at any level. For example, a value contract can contain prices for individual materials, or discounts that are valid for every released material.

Release Orders

The customer fulfills a contract by issuing orders against the contract. The contract does not contain any exact dates for deliveries, so you need to create a sales order to release against a value contract.

When a release order is created for the contract, the system automatically updates the released values in the contract. The release order value is calculated from the total of the open order and delivery values, plus the value that has already been billed to the value contract.

The system also updates the released value for subsequent changes (for example, overdelivery of contract release, price changes in the billing document, partial deliveries, returns, rejection of order items, cancellation or reversal of orders, deliveries or billing documents).

You can create a release order in any currency. The system automatically converts this currency into the one agreed upon in the value contract on the pricing date for the contract release order.

Creating Assortment Modules for Value Contracts

Procedure

To create an assortment module, proceed as follows:

1. From the initial screen choose Logistics >Sales and Distribution >Master data.

2.Choose Products >Value contract - Assortment module > Create.

You will then be in the Create assortment module: Initial Screen.

Module type 6 is defined for the value contract.

3. For external number assignment, enter a module number.

You can then use existing modules as a reference by entering the name of the module under reference.

4. Choose Enter.

5. Enter a short description for the module.

6. Enter a validity period for the product proposal.

During a release, the system checks if the release date lies within the validity period.

7. Create the materials that you wish to assign as items to a module.

You can display a list of materials as a product proposal, which you can then copy into the assortment module. To do this, choose Suggest material, enter the selection criteria in the subsequent screen and copy the selected materials to the items. Use Edit > Delete item to delete the materials that you do not want to copy to the assortment module.

8.Save your entries.

Also Please check the copy control in VTAA

Regards,

Anbu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having a problem with the value contracts since you have worked on them maybe you will be able to help me.When i am trying to create a release order with reference to the value contract the quantity and the amount fields are greyed how do i solve this?I would like to release only some of the amount mentioned in the value contract.and i am able to create n number of relase orders with refernce to the value contract though the target quantity has been released.How is this controlled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank all of you,

The problem have been solved,Because copy control is wrong.

Best regards

Lance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[Release and Approve Contract|http://www.copacustomhelp.state.pa.us/infopak/nav/procurement/contracting/file1500/index.htm]

[Release Order Processing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/c9/764f3ff8ebb6498f8e0b3641cd7455/content.htm]

Reward if useful.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Dasari.