cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream - While Importing SAP_BUILDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are trying to import the SAP_BUILDT file into the CMS track. But encounter the following error when we try to import in the "Development" tab. All the three steps: "Repository-Import", "CBS-make", "SDM-Deploy" have the same error message in the log.

May 14, 2008 8:28:45 AM Error : error during loading of propagation request Exc=com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSFileLoadException: cannot load file: /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives/sap.comSAP_BUILDTSAP AG20071117141300.sca Error: Could not extract file BUILDARCHIVES/sap.comtcbijlincbs_compdcia.zip from archive /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives/sap.comSAP_BUILDTSAP AG~20071117141300.scaAdditional error message is:Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

May 14, 2008 8:28:45 AM Error : stack trace:

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSFileLoadException: cannot load file: /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives/sap.comSAP_BUILDTSAP AG20071117141300.sca Error: Could not extract file BUILDARCHIVES/sap.comtcbijlincbs_compdcia.zip from archive /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives/sap.comSAP_BUILDTSAP AG~20071117141300.scaAdditional error message is:Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.PropagationRequest.PropagationRequestData.load(PropagationRequestData.java:2464)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSManager.importPropagationRequests(TCSManager.java:355)

The sp level we are trying to import is 7.00 SP14.

We found some posts which said that the file may be corrupted. So we downloaded a couple of times from the service market place and tried. But still the same error.

The following is the file that we downloaded from SMP:

SAPBUILDT14_0-10003479.SCA SP14 for DI BUILD TOOL 7.00

Could anyone tell us what the problem could be?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Edited by: Reena Prabhakar on May 21, 2008 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone.. .any pointers?

We are absolutely clueless about resolving this issue, after trying all possible options.

Could we be going wrong in downloading and placing the file in the inbox folder?

Once downloaded, the .zip extension is removed to get the .sca format. Then this file is copied and pasted to the folder. Is this the right way of doing it or are we doing something wrong here?

We are working on NW2004s

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all again,

We just noticed that the "Name Reservation State" was "FINALIZE_FAILED" in the DTR Name Reservation List for some of the workspaces of the track. Does this indicate something about where the problem could be?

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

I am getting the same error .Please let me know how you solved this error.

Regards,

Purush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purush,

As you can see from the log above, the folder it is trying to extract the file from is /usr/sap/trans/CMS/archives .But we were looking at a wrong folder "Inbox" and checking if the .sca file here was corrupt (which was actually not corrupted). Then we realised that .sca file in the "../archives" folder was corrupted. So we rplaced the file in this folder after which it started working.

So make sure that you are looking at the correct folder (check your log to see which folder it it is pointing) and replace the .sca file in that folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Thanks for your reply. To replace the SCA file in the archives folder I just want to know where to get the SCA file for that. The SCA file in the archives folder is the deployed version.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Purush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purush,

We used the same files as the ones we had used in the "Inbox" folder and copied them to the "archives" folder as well. These files we downloaded from the SAP service Marketplace. I am sure you would be aware of the right location in SMP for your files.

However, you could also do one more thing. Make sure that you delete all the files similar to the ones that are giving an error in the "Archives" folder. I mean, if there is more than one version of the file that is giving the error, delete all these files from the archives folder. Then, do a check-in and an import again. This will copy the right version of the file to the archives folder automatically. This way, you won't have to copy paste the files manually to the archives folder.

To explain this in more detail... here is the response I got from SAP regarding this issue:

-

The "archives" folder is normally only used internally by the CMS to store a backup copy of the imported files.

After you place a file in the "inbox" and check it in, CMS first extracts the SCA name, vendor and version and checks if it is already contained in the archive. If the file is new, it is copied from "inbox" to the "archives" folder. Already existing files are not copied. Later, during import, the import file is read from the "archives" folder. In your case I assume that the fixed SCA file had the same version, so just by comparing the SCA name, vendor and version, the CMS did not realize that it has to update the file in "archives".

Usually you don't have to care about the "archives" folder.

-

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Reena