cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why serveral idoc acknowledgements?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an IDOC scenario (between two SAP systems) where I want to send back Idoc acknowledgements.

Everything works fine but for each application Idoc more than one acknowledgement is sent back to the sending system. The acknowledgement idocs contain the same information.

I have created a batch job in SM36 that starts every 5 minutes.

It sends an acknowledgement both the first and second time the job is run for the same application idoc.

Should it be like this?

// Best regards Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every time the IDoc is triggering so thats why you are getting the Acknowledgement.

So write your program for triggering the same IDoc once, then you can get the ACk once.

ACKs :

here 2 types of ACKs are there, one is Transport ACK and second one is Application ACK.

Transport ACK : it tells the data reached the target or not.

In SXMB_MONI we can view this status by watching the

ACK status field.

Application ACK : it tells the data reached the target or not and after reached to the target it processed success or not in the target system.

By using some settings in XI and ABAP we can get the Application ACK

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thanks for your answer.

I found the solution to my problem and found that the reason was that I had scheduled the job to freqeuntly, i.e. to be run every 5 minutes or less. Because of the time interval the same idoc was read twice by program RBDSTATE, see SAP documentation below.

u2022 Dispatch of confirmations at shorter intervals

This operating mode is intended for time-critical jobs, for example, if confirmation is required every hour.

Do not specify a selection parameter for the change date. The report can itself find out the time when it last ran, or, if it is running for the first time, the time when it was scheduled. This time (date and time) minus 5 minutes forms the lower selection boundary for all IDOC changes. The starting time of the batch job minus 4 minutes gives the upper selection boundary for the IDOC changes.

In summary, all IDocs whose status has changed in the specified time period and that satisfy all the other selection criteria are selected.

// Regards Hans

Answers (0)