cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking the budget availability at Purschase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Budget avilablity control with error message at PO level. When Budge is allocated and released, PR is made for less value than budget then when converting to PR to PO it checks properly at budget value and error message delivered. It is happening correct

Where as

*PR is made for more value than budget then when converting to PR to PO it does not check the budget till PO value is within PR value.*

Any increase in PO value checks properly at budget value and error message delivered.

To elaborate my query, following is the exercise I did

If budget check is activated with error message at PO level then :

1) Lets say budget is allocated & release for Rs 100/- for a WBS element

2) PR is made for external activity of network assigned to WBSfor Rs 102 /-, then warning message issued for exceed of budget by Rs 102/-, but PR generated

3) PR copied as value of PO & consistency check done in PO screen then it gives message as "No messages issued during check", now budget is exceeding still no error message

4) Value of PO price will be changed from 102 to 103, then while saving of PO or consistency check of PO, generate error message " Budget is exceeded by Rs 103/-"

5) Now PO price will be changed from 103 to 101, then it gives message as "No messages issued during check", now budget is exceeding still no error message.

Hence with above exercise its observed that once PR warning message is issued, it become basis for PO budget availability check & gives error message if PO value exceed PR value & budget exceeding value will be given equal to amount of actual exceeded value.

Question: What need to be done for checking the budget availability at PO without considering PR value?

Config Doc as below

Budget Profile Business TransGr Action On consuming %

SPLPO ++ (All Transactions) 1 (Warning) 75%

SPLPO 01 ( PO Level) 3 (Error) 100%

SPLPO 03 (Goods withdraw) 3 (Error) 100%

SPLPO 04 (Finan Acco doc) 3 (Error) 100%

JSPLPO (Controlling Doc) 3 (Error) 100%

JSPLPO (Budgeting) 3 (Error) 100%

Regards

Bipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please implement the Note: 955107.

Am sure this will solve your purpose.

Hope its useful.

Reward points if useful.

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

Thanks for the solution, my problem has been solved after appling the note .

Regards

Bipin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

SAP note 783161 will answer your queries.

Based on same, I suggest put error message at ++ level itself.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My Client donot want to have budget availibility control on PR level, but on PO level & subseqent to all PO, GI, FI document level., hence I canot give ++ business transactiion group,

Regards

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

I hope you have gone thru notes suggested by Sreenivas and me. In that case, you need to convince client that availability control checks budget against assigned funds and hence to avoid situations like this better to roll back even in cases of warning.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

The budget availibility check need to be done at PO level, this is final decision of steering comm, hence need to have budget avalibility at PO level.

Regards

bipin

former_member205707
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide with some documents on the availability control of budget on the PO documents, as I am new to the PS application, anyone's help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Madhup Mudiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems standard. Refer the note 124917.

Extract of Note:

When you create a purchase order with reference to a purchase requisition (PReq), the system does not execute any availability control if the order value is smaller or equal to the value of the purchase requisition.

This is also the case if you set in Customizing different tolerance limits or actions for the activity groups purchase requisition and purchase order.

This is not a program error. Since an availability control has already been executed when you create the purchase requisiton, during conversion into a purchase order the system executes only an availability control again if the value assigned increases as a result.

Up to now, it is not planned to change this logic of the availability control in our standard system.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeniwas,

Thanks for the too prompt reply.

Is there any workaround to have budget avalibility check at PO, GI, FI doc, CO doc & not at PR level.

Regards

Bipin