Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Doubts 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please clarify my CIF doubts.

1. I have created an integration model and selected only material and location. When I activate it the material and location got transferred to the APO system.

But when I change the material text in R/3 the corresponding text is not transferred to APO. Do let me know if I need maintain any specific setting for that?

2. I have created an integration model and selected only material ,location and sales orders. When I activate it the model the material, location and sales orders got transferred to the APO system. After some days if I deactivate or delete the model what will be the impact of the both master and data in APO system?

3. In which case do we delete or deactivate the integration model?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you have set CFC9 as well in R3.

Also assuming you do not have 2 Models for same Product.

If this is not working ... try this ... it always works.

- Deactivate the Product Integration Model via CFM2.

- Delete the Product Integration Model via CFM7.

- Do a Fresh Generation of the Model.

- Activate the Model to do a Full Initial Load.

This should get the Descriptions across. It has worked for me in the Past.

Hope this helps. Reward Points if it does.

Regards,

Ambrish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva ... I think Uma & I have answered your questions.

Please note however ... the practice of Creating a Integration Model combined for Master Data and Orders data is a Bad Practice from several years of experience.

Create a Separate Model for each different type of Master Data, for each type of Order, for Stock ... etc.

Hope you find this usefull.

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos
2. I have created an integration model and selected only material ,location and sales orders. When I activate it the model the material, location and sales orders got transferred to the APO system. After some days if I deactivate or delete the model what will be the impact of the both master and data in APO system?

they are available in APO..nothing happens to them...but further transfer is not possible.

3. In which case do we delete or deactivate the integration model?

Especially for periodic transfers, you run back ground jobs with variants for generating, activating and deleting the integration models..

when ever you activate an integration model, an existing integration model will be deactivated.

we delete that inactive integration model...

Only inactive models will be deleted..we can not delete an active model