cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign Automation and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently have an existing website, we don't have the band width to use BSP for our campaign landing pages.

I need to figure out how we can integerate campaign automation responses thru XI. In other words we need to replace SAP BSP pages with XI webservice call that will be used by the existing internet application to log responses in campaign automation process.

Message was edited by: Haider Naqvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haider,

Can you be more clear as to what exactly you want to do? What exactly your internet application does and which system it has to interact with? Where exactly xi come into picture?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Here is another stab at this

SAP CRM Marketing provides Campaign Automation. Campaign Automation provides the ability to send e-mail to users. In these e-mails there is a link to a BSP page. Users click on the BSP page and answer a yes/no question.

Answer to this question triggers an event for the campaign automation workflow.

We need to replace the BSP page with a .Net asp page. You might ask why? Long story short we just need to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haider,

Here is what I understand. You replacing your BSP appl. with a .Net appl. Now the users will get an email in which they will have a link to the .Net application. So, once the user clicks on this application (response), the same has to be posted to your SAP CRM.

I am guessing the e-mail is independent of XI, you are trying to include XI only in the case of a response. Here are my 2 Cents.

You can develop a interface to recieve a HTTP request (from .Net application) or some other way and then tranform that and pass to the CRM appl. Once your interface development is done you can expose this as a web service which can be called by your .Net Application.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a great suggestion. I am new to BSP, but I have used this trick several times with jsp and asp. Usually I convert the page in this case BSP page to return xml instead of Html. Any pointers on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haider,

Unfortunately I have not worked in any of those areas. It might help posting a question in the BSP forum.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the posts that are helpful.