cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch has already been posted in stock **very urgent**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My user has created a delivery for excess quantities. He had to deliver only 4 where he has done the PGI for 24. I thought I would reverse it with transaction VL09, but when I click on reverse this error "Batch has already been posted in stock" pops up. What might be the reason?

• Invoice is not created against this delivery **

Please anyone throw some light on this and also if any other options to reverse goods movement. And can I reverse only part quantity?

Thanks in advance and its very urgent.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a warning message I suppose...ignore it...

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BR Csaba

Its an error message. Ok. Now shall I change the message from 'E' to 'W'?

I hope it wont create any problems? or will it??

Please confirm

Thanks

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's worth a try.

(What is not clear to me is that how were your user able to post more than qty in the delivery doc)

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on May 21, 2008 8:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well actually he is doing the partial deliveries for a order and these are all backdated entries. They havent gone live yet. The order Qty was for 40 out of which he had delivered 4 earlier and when he went to do a delivery again, he saw that stock available was only for 24 qty. and he did the PGI for whole

thats how he delivered for 24. I hope its clear now.

Thanks for the answer. will see if changing the error to warning will work.

this actually had come into my mind but was not sure as to what would be the impact.

Rish.k

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rish,

See Order requirement is 40 , you have already delivered 4 now by mistakenly you have done the Delivery PGI for 24 total is 28 then what is issue still you need to deliver 16.

First you come to know what you want then we can help,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Risk,

If you do not want to face this situation again , then Go to OVLP and select your item category , click on details -- Quantity -- Check over delivery and keep as ' B' . In this case , if you try to deliver more than order quantity , system will give error message.

Reward if useful.

saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can PGI qty be 24 when the delivery qty is 4.

Regards

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Risk,

Check is that delivery already has been reversed !!!

Regards,

Murali.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Risk,

This may be because of batches you have assigned to that material in the delivery before PGI.

You better take help from the MM consultant,he can able to know the batch impact on the stock updation.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.