cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping(Intra City and Inter City)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem ,does SAP Transportation covers both Inter and Intra City Route Planning.

Kindly reply me as soon as possible.

Reward points if helpful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dera Abaper ,

Can you give the examples to Inter and Intra City Route Planning based on that we can respond you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inter city is like Direct Store Delivery that a Truck will leave with multiple delivery orders of multiple customers for same route and for this client want to track the time and cost spend on that route as well and this is with in one city and in this case there may be 50-60 routes

Intra City is when delivery is between cities like if my customers are distributed and I have to deliver to their warehouses in this case shipment cost is most imp.

So now can Transportation covers both .Beacuse I have worked on DSD and I know in that inter city is possible coz we have visit list and plan in it and can have multiple customers good loaded on to one truck moving with in the same city

I think now its easy for you to anwer

Thanks for replying Murali

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ABAPer,

You can get that functionality through Transportation functionality in the SAP --R/3 system.

You can differentiate that through Routes and shipment types.

You can define different routes for intra

You can define different route for the Inter.

You can use different shipment types for Intra and Inter

With reference to the shipment document you can create Shipment cost doccument.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thanks for the answer but their is one thing which is confusing me that is ,if say i use transportation for Inter city how I am going to define say 10 destination point in one route and Alternate Plan as well for that route

Thanks again Murali

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abaper,

You can have that through defining Transportation connection points.

You can do What is depature point and what is destination point for that Route stage

One depature point to one destination point belomgs to one leg (Stage)in the route.

In your case 10 stages will come for your route in each stage of that route you can give what is the depature point and what is the destination point.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.