cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts based on the Message oriented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did Alert configuartion.. that is working fine.. what are the Error messages I'm getting in the SXMB_MONI for each message I'm getting an ALERT.. but for all type of alerts here I'm getting the same message.. But I want to catagorise the alerts.. Mapping Errors I want to raise an alert that is clearly specify the Mapping Exception.. and if the Receiver system was down means.. I Need to raise an ALERT that should be indicate Receiver system is Down.. like thse type of mesages i want to populate in each alerts..

for this how can we approach the solution... please suggest me do i need to create sepearate alert configuration for each type of message or what is the procedure..

Regards

Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to the Tcode "ALRTCATDEF" in ABAP stack.

Create a Alert Rule.

Assign the Containers.

Select Long and short text.

Error code : &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

Error category:&SXMS_ERROR_CAT&

SXMB_ERROR_CODE,SXMS_ERROR_CAT is must be assigned in alert Containers.

*Reward Points If Useful*

Regards,

Prakasu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the Tcode "ALRTCATDEF"

create a Alert rule defining your category.

You can have a look at the following links

the first few steps of

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Reward points if useful

Regards

Ashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

select the Alert Category" before you add alert rule and after selecting your alert category the 'Add Alert Rule' button becomes active...

regards'

chandra

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create Alert rules in Alert Configuration of RWB. In tcode ALRTCATDEF u can provide ur custom message as long text

Regards,

Prateek