cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with JCO connection ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the example TutWD_FlightList yo test Web-dynpro , Then after I deployed to the Server . I enter 'Web-dynpro' to create 2 JCO connections . There were 2 cases :

1. If I chose Application Data & Single Server Connection . Test is OK ( Connection for 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST' was sucessfully tested with user 'XXX' ) . And the if I run the web-dynpro I get the error :

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:191)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:146)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:97)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:79)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

... 54 more

But If I chose 'Dictionary Meta Data ' ( When create JCO connection ) , The test was not successfull , Here I have only 1 R/3 Server So i do not use message server for load balancing . So In my case How can I do ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Check Jco Destinations Active Or Not Webdynpro Content Administration And Check SLD Configured Correctly Or Not.Because At Runtime JCO Destinations Using SLD To Get Connection Properties Of Targeted Backend System.

Bye

Thanks

Subabrao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your help

Yes I've check SLD , It's Ok ( Running status ) , But here I wonder between the 'Metatdata' And ' Application connection ', Is there any example that use Application instead of 'Meta connection '?

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please find out the below link it will be useful to u.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0019b1a-775f-2910-beb8-d81f27d0d8d0]

in order to call the BAPIs from the backend system Logical destionations should be created properly for ur R/3 system and they should be in enable mode. please check it once. and also check ur message server once.

Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through below document . it explains you how to create the JCO Destinations using Content administrator

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3ff7eb1...

When you use ARFC Model in WD it needs to JCO destinations to be configured . one to Get Metadata from the backend

another one gets the Application data .

Meadata of BAPI is fetched only once when you run the application for first time and it is cached .

Make sure that the R/3 system from which your Model data imported at design time and R/3 system to JCO destinations configured in Content administrator should be same .