cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Splash screen file Name, Size and actual Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Everybody Knows how to change the SAP Splash screen with their own company logo. I am talking about the big rippled pond on the right.

I am actually looking for the file name, its size and actual location.

thanks in advance

Zeeshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the splash screen on the main menu can add some pizzazz to the otherwise boring screen. It can also be changed easily on a regular basis. For production systems a company logo and/or company mission statement might be appropriate. Here are the instructions:

- First, in transaction SMW0 (SAP Web Repository), select "Binary data for WebRFC applications. The logo must be in a .gif format. From this transaction, create a new object, then choose to IMPORT. You must then specify the path to the .gif object you have saved, and select the option to TRANSFER.

- Then, maintain table SSM_CUST via SM30. Change the field START_IMAGE to the name of the object you created in SMW0.

Toan Do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude,

I am not asking how to change the splash screen.... I already know that.

I am asking the name, size and the location of the original "pond" splash screen.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sapalogo.bmp file is located in your SAPGUI installation directory, probably C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\themes. There are separate theme directories for 'Enjoy' and others. The file sapalogo.bmp is located in each. Rename the current file and copy in your custom image, using sapalogo.bmp as the filename. Best to replace the file in all of the themes directories since it is not always clear which theme is in use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO NO NO

Thats the animated pond in the top right hand corner....

I am looking for the "BIG" rippled pond splash image on the rightside of the main menu......

I need to know the name of the file, the location of the file and the size of the file.....

I can display the same image by opening the WebGUI which gives me "SESS_IMAGE" as the name and the size is around 139K if I try to save that image locally on my PC but I cannot extract the location of the file.....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you means is the START_IMAGE from the table SSM_CUST, the name, for example can be entered in the table as well as the RESIZE_IMAGE option. The name you put in here must exist under SMW0.

Startup Transaction SMW0, choose for package SAPPICTURE, over there maintain your mime types so you can import jpg and bmp files for example.

Then Create a new entry in the SAPPICTURE package, import your bmp or jpg file and use the name given over here in the SSM_CUST table.

Good luck !

Kind regards,

Rik Vriens