cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV01N - Can I default a classification field when clicking on Addit Data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating an info record in DMS (CV01N), we have a classification field called "purchasing contact". is there a way to have this value set to the user id that is logged on to SAP when they click on the additional data tab?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

you can maintain a characteristic value as default one in transaction CT04 for the relevant classification characteristic. Therefore go to CT04 and edit the characteristic. On tab 'values' you can choose the relevant entry and set the 'DEFAULT' flag.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the "value" tab in CT04, for this field we also want to do a "Check table" on the USR01 table. It appears I can't select a default AND do a Check table? I did see where I could set a default, but I wanted the default to be a variable - based on the userid logged on to SAP. Can I set up the default to be a variable rather then static text?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Create characterstic as char_purchaser and in values tab click on other value check u get option of choosing table, select table and give table name as USR01 and save the characteristic.

Now creat class and assign this characterstic to the class and assign class to the document type in which u want this field should appear.

Now execute cv01n transaction, in additional data field u get Purchaser, click on Drop doun u get all user names maintained in USR01 table automatically.

To make deault value in this field as user who logs in , u need small development with help of abaper.

I think this solves ur problem

reward points if useful

Regards

Sham