cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLE DB Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please tell me how to configure OLE DB connector for MS-Access ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest and best way (And the only one we will support) to connect to access is by using the OLEDB UDS. In the help documentation is all the details you need to connect.

Martin.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

When I install the OLEDB then I get only the connector type: sql.

I don't find the UDS.

Extra information:

I want to connect a MS-Access db with MII 12.0

regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can download SAP xMII UDS 4.0.

It includes the following UDSs:

u2022 OPC Data Access (DA) UDS

u2022 OPC Historical Data Access (HDA) UDS

u2022 OLE DB UDS

xMII UDS 4.0 is not specific to any version of xMII.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you been able to do this?

I was trying to do it with an ODBC Driver and I'm still not able to connect successfully to it.

Any ideas?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What versions of MS-Access are you trying to connect to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying with a version 97 first then I convert it to a version 2000....didn't work with either....does it has to be a more recent version then this 2?

Thanks!

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having tried numerous times to interface to MS Access 97, I have simply stopped. Results were too inconsistent.

I have had some success with 2000, and I have heard that 2003 works fairly well. One problem that always seems to crop up is the single threaded nature of Access. It tends to lock out users when xMII is connected. One way around that which we used was to create a backup copy of the database just prior to xMII connecting and retrieving data from it instead. It was a synchronization problem more than anything else, but as the data was not mission critical we could live with it being a few minutes delayed. If we hadn't changed our approach, we were often, though not always, locking out the users who really did need full time use.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here are the steps for connecting Access database using ODBC data source,

goto Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC)->Click System DSN Tab->Click ADD->Select driver to Microsoft Access in the list->Click Finish.

there will be another pop up asking for Data Source Name and Description and all there give a meaning ful name and description,

hit the select button, it will show for a browser window select the database which u have created, and select ok.

the new connection will be displayed in the System DSN tab,

now go to xMII menu->Data Servers->Uncheck the show only enabled servers check box->select default ODBC database->give a meaning ful name->in server URL it should be jdbc:odbc:<the name u have given as a Data Source Name in the Syatem DSN tab>->Enable it and check for status.

hope this will help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

I am assuming u r using xmii 12.0. When u creating data server connection, select type datasource.

specify your datasource on the same.

You have to do to contol pannel on your server and creating the data source name you configured and attach your access data base to this data source name.

Hope this will help.

Thanx & Regards

Vinod