cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with jdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the JDI forum members for helping me till now. I got a problem.. hope you can help me..

I created a track with a single SC and 2 DC's and checkin, activate, release, run thru CMS and deployed across the landscape and those DC's are working.

Now, I create a new DC "Z" and checked in,activated, a build request nr "1" is assigned. and when i view the deployment summary, There was an exception, say null pointer.

a)I know how to remove that exception. but say if I want to remove the DC Z completely from the SC, how can I do that. I dont want to use this DC Z anymore. what can i do.

b) OK, I left the DC as it is and I created a new DC "XX" and and checked in and a request nr "10" is assigned and when i view the deployment summary of this request nr "10", The deployment fails, becuase it is referring to the prev failed DC "Z" although the request nr of that is different.

why is this request nr "10" considering request nr "1" during the deployment.

does that mean that to deploy a particular DC across the landscape, the DC's involved in the prev requests should be deployed sucessfully?

please clarify this to me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

1. For deleting the DC please refer to note 864515.

2. For the case when your new DC XX is not refering in any way to your DC Z there is no reason why the activation and deployment of DC XX should fail. If it is failing then you may have not defined the DC properly. But your assumption that it is not getting deployment correctly because a previous DC failed is wrong.

Also please dont correlate the different request numbers that are assigned by CBS Service and failing of DC activation.

Hope you know understand.

Regards

Sidharth

p.s. You have mentioned that you have got help from the forum members, hence please dont forget to award points and close the threads once you are satisfied.

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

THanks for the reply. It helped me a lot.

Thank you

P.S: Thank you for reminding me. I closed all the threads on my name.