cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui 6.40_31 and Excel 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

I upgraded to Sap Gui 6.40 as I wasn't able to export tables to Excel 2007 (XXL). Now I can but I am getting incorrect numbers:

• decimal point (.) is converted to (

• some numbers are completely changed, e.g. 180.17 to 7.51 or 5.56 to 0.25

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by: Hernan Rodriguez on May 26, 2008 6:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded our PCs to Office 2007 and SAPGUI 7.1 patch 7. I discovered problems exactly like all of you have described here (especially the "colon" problem), but I've also discovered that for fields like MATNR, where we have leading zeros as legitimate entries, the exported data in Excel 2007 gets those leading digits chopped off and is then represented as an integer.

I patched up to level 8 and the problem still exists!!! Grrrr......

Any ideas from the community? Suggestions and help will be much appreciated.

Wes

Edited by: Wesley Feimster on Sep 4, 2008 11:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're in the process of upgrading from 6.4C to ECC 6.0 - and at the same time, we have upgraded our Office applications from 2003 to 2007. This has caused a number of problems with exporting from SAP to Excel 2007. In ECC 6.0 these all seem to disappear but in the meantime we have advised users to do the following:

1. Use System-> List -> Save -> Local File -> Spreadsheet

2. Use a .txt for the filename

3. When opening the file, use the Text Import Wizard to select "Delimited Data Type" and then tab.

4. Make sure you select Column data format at the top of each column to Text in any column which has values starting in zeros.

5. Um, that's it.

Good luck,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I work with SAPGUI 7.10 patch level 7, Office 2007 and I have also the same problem !!! The decimal separtor is ":" !!!!!

See SapNote 1122090. It seems that SAP will deliver soon a patch to fix this problem !!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

we are using

sap gui : 710

patch : 6

we need to export around 150000 records to excel from sap .

but the problem only 65000 record is getting exported to excel , remaining are not getting exported .

have anyone faced this before ...

please help me

will the latest patch of sap gui will solve this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tai,

when we try to run the reports in Analyzer " critical program error" used to appear. i have the configuration done like urz ( SAPGUI 7.10 patch level 7, Office 2007) .

Please let me know whats the pre-requisites you have done for the successful installation.

Thanks and best regards

lasitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it working with this:

Had to upgrade to SAP GUI 7.1 (PrePatch 😎 and download a particular patch to address the issue in SAP GUI 7.10 of changing decimals to colons during the data export. (See: https://fortress.wa.gov/dop/hrms/TechInfo/SAPGUI710Update.htm)