cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am reading a file using File Content Conversion. Before mapping step itself I want to replace

some particular filed value to "xyz". Is it possible to do through File Content Conversion ??

Is there any option to do so in FCC ?? It is understandable that we can do this during mapping.

But I have some constraints so I got to do this task before mapping itself.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using the value mapping in the mapping you can change the value.

or by using the replace function also we can achieve this.

Other wise you can write the UDF in the mapping, I think its not possible before the mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I want to replace the field value before mapping and not in mapping. My mapping step failing due to corrupted (special) characters which doesn't exist in keyboard. So I wan't to replace that field value with dummy so that my mapping step will pass through.

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to resolve the issue.

1. Implementing the module while reading the file. It will replace the characters you want.

2. You can create one more mapping which search the characters you want and replace before calling your message mapping.

Gaurav Jain

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically your input file has standard encoding UTF-8 which wont allows special characters to be included.

You can change the encoding to ISO-8859-5,

Your input can be accepted including your spl characters.

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="ISO-8859-5"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:copy-of select="*" />

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

How Tou2026 Work with Character Encodings in Process Integration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

>>Implementing the module while reading the file. It will replace the characters you want

The problem here is...... you can't find the special characters(e.g " ") on the key board.

Even if you copy and paste these characters in the java code, whether it will recognize ??

Plz advise.

Thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Tested as per your suggestions by setting even both the sender and receiver communication channels to ISO-8859-5.

It didn't helped.

thanks

kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do Java mapping and include commons-lang.jar

for the case Procter & Gamble --> Procter and Gamble

because & is not allowed in mapping

please check the reply from Kenny Cheang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use a mapping before mapping like described here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply ! Useful blog ! But I want to replace entire field value rather than one particular character of a field. I have more than 100 fields and want to replace entire one particular field value with dummy value as I am getting some corrupted characters (which are not available on the keyboard) and my mapping is failing due to that. The filed length is 50 and in that 50 corrupted characters (special characters ) may come at any place. As I am not passsing this to target structure I want to replace that with dummy (some xyz) so that my mapping won't fail.

Thanks

kumar