cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WYSIWYG Editor in Webdynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need a simple WYSIWYG Editor in ABAP Webdynpro to format some Texts, which are saved in the backend system.

The Editor should produce HTML-Code or something like that.

Anyone an IDEA?

We have tried the following:

ABAP Webdynpro Application-> IFRAME -> BSP Appication with FCKEditor .. but problem is the data exchange back to the A4WD Application.

Edited by: Steffen Epple on May 20, 2008 5:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks for this info. So with the EHP the WYSWIG UI Element will be part of the standard UIs?

Which EHP do you mean because we're doing currently an RampUp with SAP EHP3 for ERP 6.0?

So you mean Basis Netweaver EHP? don't you?

Edited by: Steffen Epple on May 21, 2008 8:16 AM

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well the standard WYSWIG editor doesn't get any simpler. Just drag and drop the UI element on to the screen and ready you are. It produces HTML code as well. Looks to me that the problem lies within the saving the data in the backend. For this you will have to write some code.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It doesn't ship until Enhancement Package 1 later this year (Q3), but we will have a new Formatted Text Editor UI element that will do exactly what you describe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Micky

... you mean WebDynpr for ABAP? because in Standard ERP 6.0 there is no UI Element WYSIWIG Editor.

Edited by: Steffen Epple on May 21, 2008 8:19 AM

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't really understand what you were looking for. I thought of the WD layout editor (which is a WYSIWIG editor as well). But you are looking for a UI element, right? Hence the mistake on my behalf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Micky, yes your right, I was looking for an UI element.

okay as i see wer're going to do a quick implementation with SAP BSP of FCKEditor. Then later we'll try to use the standard UI of A4WD.