cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical scenario at FTP Recevier Side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently working on typical scenario at receiver FILE adater using FTP.

I will explain the scenario,

I have two FTP servers physically at two different locations(i.e., with two different IP addresses). Now i want to place some .DAT files in the FTP servers(accordingly). I have a common hostname(virtual one) which is used to connect to these two FTP servers.

I have got a common virtual hostname which i configured in the receiver channel configuration. Now if i have any problem with one FTP server then i want to failover to the other FTP server and place the files as the hostname for both the FTP servers is similar. But when i am trying to this i could able to connect to second FTP server which is having different IP address. Then i failback to the previous FTP server then i was successfully in connecting to that FTP server.

Now my question is How can i configuer a receiver channel to failover to different FTP servers which are placed in two different locations(with 2 different IP addresses).

Is there any work around for this scenario to make it success and is there any restriction in using two servers at a time? Or is there new feature added in FTP adapter inorder to connect to the different FTP servers which are located in different locations(with different IP addresses).

I am running out of time can you please give some inputs to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Soorya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

guess it's better to have two receiver channels.

But what do you mean with:

> if i have any problem with one FTP server

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say that at times if my first FTP server is down or some technical issues the i want to transfer the data to the second FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the file adapter's acknowledgments can be requested (only)

if you're using a BPM.

It's described here:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

So I guess the best way will be using a BPM and if the first adapter is not working you use the second adapter to your second system.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I was not concern about the acknowledgements. I am very much concern about to configuring two FTP server with one FTP receiver channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I am very much concern about to configuring two FTP server with one FTP receiver channel.

Couldn't imagine it's possible (maybe someone else?).

Isn't it possible to use two receiver channels?

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

Ia there any way to configure two FTP servers through one FTP receiver channel with using one virtual hostname that is common for both the FTP servers.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (0)