cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pdf document to printer scenario

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone worked with an XI scenario where it should grab a pdf document from a folder via e.g. the file adapter and forward it for printing on a network printer?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Flemming

Edited by: Flemming Lunding on May 20, 2008 9:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

XI: Read data from PDF file in Sender Adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/31/xi-read-data-from-pdf-file-in-sender-adapter

How to receive and convert PDF-documents with SAP XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9913a954-0d01-0010-8391-8a3...

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Gabriel,

Yes, I already browsed through these threads but they do not discuss the printing side of it, only the fact that a pdf document can be passed through.

Regards,

Flemming

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need XI for this? Write an OS script for this.

XI is for exchanging business data between application systems, not a printing tool.

Regards

Stefan

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are right Stefan,

But in this particular case we are in fact talking about a legal customs declarations document that we received from the external customs authority and want to direct to a printer in the warehouse. So seen from an B2B architectural point of view it could be considered as a task for SAP XI.

Thanks and kind regards,

Flemming

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the first description you spoke about a pdf in a folder. Maybe you describe your scenario more detailled.

I can give recommendations only based on facts I have.

Regards

Stefan

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The scenario is rather simple. We receive the pdf document via FTP and what to direct it to a warehouse printer for printing. The printer can be addressed directly via the network and from within the SAP R/3 business system.

Thanks and kind regards,

Flemming