cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make Idoc segments/fields optional instead of mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem where I am sending MATMAS05 Idocs from MDM to R/3 but they are bombing out because it is saying that various MARC fields are mandatory. We are not managing MARC fields in MDM and they already exist on the material in R/3 so why are they being required if they already exist? I'm sure we found a way past this before but now we switched programmers and cannot figure it out. How can you make these MARC fields/segment optional?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to go ahead without using this field as after further discussion and analysis, this is not data we are going to manage in MDM.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

it's either the ALE Inbound configuration or the R/3 field setting that require the MARC data. Question: is there a MARC segment in the IDoc you send from MDM to R/3?

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

In the Syndicator go to the Destination Items select the node that should not appear in the output and remove its Required property. You can select the parent node and remove its Required property and automatically its children becomes optional and wont appear in the output.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

That segment and its fields are not marked as required in the Syndicator. My problem is that R/3 thinks its required. The Idoc errors out with a status 51 error saying "The field MARC-MTVFP is defined as a required field; it does not contain an entry" There are about 5-10 fields on the MARC table that receive this same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to edit the idoc in R/3 only and set the min occurs of all the segments to 0. But you cannot modify standard Idoc like Matmas05.Only extensions are allowed to be modify

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja