cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUDIT setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have setup acknowledgements folloeing the document " how to handle acknowledgements for idocs" . I am getting the ALEAUDIT messages inot XI , but they are in error state. The error is "ALEAUDIT IDoc cannot find request IDoc in Integration Server".

The scenario I am working on is a SOAP to IDOC . I know that XI cannot automaticlly send the acknowledgements to the SOAP sended system .

I wanted to capture the acknowledgements in XI and when there is a negative acknowledgement , an alert should be generated . Does anyone know how to achieve this ?

But my primary question is how can i make use of these ALEAUDIT messages coming into XI .

Thanks

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ACKs :

here 2 types of ACKs are there, one is Transport ACK and second one is Application ACK.

Transport ACK : it tells the data reached the target or not.

In SXMB_MONI we can view this status by watching the

ACK status field.

Application ACK : it tells the data reached the target or not and after reached to the target it processed success or not in the target system.

By using some settings in XI and ABAP we can get the Application ACK

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya Kumar Thanks for your detailed response. I have one more doubt , if i want to treat the ALEAUDIT message as a new request message , then should I create objects corresponding to it in IR and ID as well , I mean an Intggration scenario, Interfaces etc.. ?

Thank you very much

Sudheer

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this Document..

Click the link and Down load that Document i.e: How to handle Ack for IDOC's

How to handle Ack for IDOC's

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b...

Steps: if u want IDOC Ack You have to set up the ALEAUD.

Acknowledgment IDocs are always converted to XI acknowledgments.

This function enables you to send acknowledgment IDocs (ALEAUD) as XI request messages for a sender port and client.

Procedure

1. In the ABAP Editor (transaction SE38), under Program, enter IDX_ALEREQUEST and choose Execute.

2. Enter a sender port and a client and choose Execute.

3. Enter the partner number, partner type, and partner role for the receiver and choose Insert.

The entry is added to the table.

4. To delete an entry in the table, select the entry and choose Remove Entry.

Result

In the XI request message, the original sender of the acknowledgment IDoc is no longer known.

The XI request message created is a new message. Monitoring is not able to determine which was the original message.

File Acknowldgements

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Sending Acknowledgment IDocs as XI Request Messages

Use

Acknowledgment IDocs are always converted to XI acknowledgments.

This function enables you to send acknowledgment IDocs (ALEAUD) as XI request messages for a sender port and client.

.----

Processing Acknowledgment Messages

An acknowledgment message informs the sender of an asynchronous message about the result of the processing of the message within SAP Exchange Infrastructure. The reported result is referred to as an asynchronous acknowledgment.

Request Messages

Within the request message you must define whether an acknowledgment message is required, and if so, what kind of acknowledgment message. The acknowledgment message can refer to two events:

● The arrival of the request message at the final receiver

● The execution of the application in the receiver system

For this purpose, the request message contains an acknowledgment tag, which specifies the event for which an acknowledgment is expected. This tag must be specified by the sender (or a sender adapter that supports acknowledgment messages).

Message processing in SAP Exchange Infrastructure ensures that the acknowledgment message follows the same route from the receiver to the sender as the request message did from the sender to the receiver. For this purpose, the request message contains a hop list that logs the route of the request message. This information is provided by all Integration Engines and Integration Servers that are involved in the processing of the request message.

Acknowledgment Message

As soon as the request message processing encounters an event that requires an acknowledgment, a corresponding acknowledgment message is created and sent to the sender.

An acknowledgment message receives a new message ID, but also has a reference to the message ID of the request message as well as the value Response in the Directory tag of the message header. The request message hop list is copied to the acknowledgment message header, thus enabling backward routing of the acknowledgment message.

If a message is branched, a separate acknowledgment message is returned for each newly created request message. These acknowledgments enable the sender to recognize that its original message has been branched.

Acknowledgment messages are processed using backward pipelines. These pipelines are defined for each pipeline involved in the processing of a request message:

Pipelines and Corresponding Backward Pipelines:

Pipeline

Backward Pipeline

SENDER

SENDER_BACK

CENTRAL

CENTRAL_BACK

RECEIVER

RECEIVER_BACK

The backward pipelines have the following main tasks:

● Transport from the receiver system to the Integration Server

The receiver system sends an acknowledgment message back to the corresponding Integration Server (RECEIVER_BACK), as defined for the local Integration Engine.

If a receiver adapter is involved in message processing, it sends the acknowledgment message back to the Integration Server, provided that the respective adapter supports this procedure. Otherwise, a final acknowledgment message is returned with a comment that an acknowledgment is not possible.

● Transport from the Integration Server to the sender system

The Integration Server sends an acknowledgment message back to the sender (CENTRAL_BACK). It uses the name of the sender system for logical and technical backward routing.

If the sender is addressed using an ABAP proxy, you must define a corresponding receiver agreement for this sender.

If a sender adapter is involved in processing the message, the Integration Server sends an acknowledgment message to the sender adapter, which is then responsible for returning the acknowledgment to the sender.

To do this, some adapter types require a corresponding receiver agreement for the sender.

-

Hope This Information is useful to you,

Thanks,

Satya Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the links:

To send idoc acknowledgement, the necessary parameters(like ALEAUD message type) have to be specified in we20 partner profile.

The idoc acknowledgement can be enabled or disabled for a particular idoc type using the table idxnoale or the report idx_noale.

Here are some example of IDoc acknowledgement:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos