cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue because of Z Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In our Company we are using so many reports in all the Modules.Most of the Reports are Z reports only. Since it is Z reports it leads to Performance issue indeed.AS a Basis Person i will be responsible for any performance issue.

My question is that, is there any way to reduce these Performance issues while the ABAPer is creating Z Program? or Myself can do performance tunning in order to increase the Performance of my Server?

If any suggestions from my side i could give my Programmer, what i can give.

Plz let me get a clear Picture about this......

thanks&Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tolulope_okusaga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way out of this is advice the ABAPer to use less full table scans in the sql statements in the programme.

Also if you have an App server, identify the users that regularly run these reports and split them across app servers.

Regards,

Tolulope

Edited by: Tolulope OKUSAGA on May 22, 2008 10:10 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member251078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

As you mentioned there are so many Z* reports in your SAP environment, i would suggest you to take ST12 trace for each of these programs and then you can distinguish where is the major contribution of the total response time. If CPU time is higher then you have to look into ABAP programs closely for tuning..if database time is high you have to tune expensive sql statement in performance trace button.

For ABAP tuning you can find some tips and tricks in SE30 transaction.

Yours Sincerely

Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Dileep. I tried the Transaction SE30 where i can execute Transaction i get Response time of ABAP,Database, System.

How can i come to a conclusion based on the result?

Also,ST12 Transaction does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the Basis point of view, can monitor which Z report is causing more system load through ST03N.

After you find out the performance hampering reports, consult the the ABAPer who created the report to re-analyze those reports and try to make it more system friendly.

As per general recommendation, there should be not be huge data pulling lopps in a program and Select * statement should definitely not be there.

Hope this clarifies a bit.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the total amount of Dialog processes, background, RAM Size .

Is the report loading and data.

what is the Database

If it is oracle database, check whether the indexing is ON

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Sql 2005. how to check Indexing for a particular table.