cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTools log pointing to old Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrade from Oracle 9.2 to 10.2 , the BRTools upgraded to 7.00 . Everything is running correctly but start of BR log says oracle_home = old 9.2 pathname .

profiles have no reference to this path .

int<SID>.sap has no refernce to this path .

Windows env vars have no reference to this path .

Where is this info coming from ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this simple trick... (If you have single database instance running...)

First Open command prompt and check if ORACLE_HOME is defined.

C:\echo %ORACLE_HOME%
C:\echo %ORACLE_SID%

if you didn't get result, then define it as a "System Variable" not as "User Variable"

Start ==> Control Panel ==> System ==> Advanced ==> Environment Variables

Then define ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID in System Variables.

Hope, it will solve your problem...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We have done that but it is still the same.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Trupti M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note 556232: Environment setting for R/3 Oracle on Windows has helped to resolve the issue.

As BR*tools uses SAPSERVICE<sid> user in Windows environment.

The SAP instance is started under the user entered as the start user for the SAP service, therefore usually SAPSERVICE<sid>. The SAP environment used, however, is NOT the environment of SAPSERVICE<sid>. Instead, the entries in the Registry under the following path are used:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> SAP -> <sid> -> Environment

. These entries can be:

entered manually or

copied from the current environment using ntenv2reg or

by defining an AdmUser entry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> SAP -> <sid>

they can be automatically reconciled with the environment of the defined user each time R/3 is started.

Regards,

Trupti M

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you get with:

CMD -> BRTOOLS ->

Options 1(Instance Management) - 6 (show instance status) - 3 (set your DBSID) continue - continue

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use an external backup tool?

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> After upgrade from Oracle 9.2 to 10.2 , the BRTools upgraded to 7.00 . Everything is running correctly but start of BR log says oracle_home = old 9.2 pathname .

which user? Be aware, that backups started using DB13 are run using "SAPService<SID>" and not <sid>adm!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked the Env Vars for SAPService . There are only TEMP and TMP , I am not sure if the oracle home or SID should be available for SAPService . Everthing starts OK .

There may be anomolies in the system as it was set up by a consultancy and I'm having to fix things as I go

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you doing that backup directly to tape or do you use some external tools like backint?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use backint

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would check then the backint configuration according to what software you use.

For Legato Networker this is e. g. /etc/nsrsapsv.cfg - which also contains an ORACLE_HOME.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

BRTools shows the correct information when run from DOS in <sid>adm .

The problem would appear to be with theSAPServive<sid> environment .

There are notes referring to how BRtools finds out the Oracle_home but any changes via regedit fail to affect it .

I am not sure if the notes refer to BRTools 7.00

The registry Home0 points to the Oracle 9 configuration . However , when I rename the Oracle 9 directory , SAP does not start , so I am wary of removing the Oracle 9 via Universal Installer . Stuck !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.

After Oracle upgrade from 9i to 10g, Brtools 7.00 logs are pointing to old Oracle home of 9i when run at SAP level from DB13.

Brools when run from OS level is pointing correctly that is to new Oracle Home.

Kindly help.

Trupti M