cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge feature in Syndicator...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used the merge feature available in the syndicator to link data from an External Table (tab seperated Text file ) with the data of a Qualified Lookup table. When I a trying to select Qualified Lookup as the Table to link , the syndicator window is exiting. Does the link feature work only in Main Table?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh/Mandeep,

Can U confirm this that the merge feature works on Qualified Lookup tables in SP6. I had posted teh same question to SAP support for which they replied that this option is disabled and is not supported in SP6 .

Using the Merge items tab can only be used on the Main Table of the repository and not on the other tables.

Can anybody forward me screenshot to of the merge tab which showing the tables that can be selected for mergeing.

Regards

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

The difference is in SP05 it is not working at all but it displays the list of tables and we have to select the one.

In SP06 though the list option is disabled but the procedure is first select the Qualified table from the drop down list of tables appearing at the top left corner and then you go to merge items and create the new item then it will be created for the table that you have selected from the drop down i.e. it is not possible to create the merge item for qualified table when you are in main table currently which seems to be possible in SP05 (but not working)

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

i m not aware of MDM 5.5 SP5, but in MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch1, its working fine for Maintable and sub tables, but for Merging option you have to either select Maintable as current table or Sub table as current table and then do required merging for only selected current table.so in this way you are syndicating records for main table and sub tables individually.

Apart from this like as you are talking about Qualified table, for this i want to give u an example.

like a record in Main table having three fields records say

Name EmpID Loc(Lookup qualified flat multivaled)

Raj 1234 Delhi

Swapan 5678 Banglore

Mandeep 9187

i mean a field Location in Maintable which is look up to sub table (Qualified Flat Table say) Locations, further where this locations lookup table has fields say Name(DF) having Dehi, bangalore , rajasthan, Punjab etc,

and you make use of Merge Item for current Main Table and you have Externat table(Delimited Tab)txt file as :

Locate desk telephone no

Delhi Bw23 1234567

Bangalore Bw56 456789

Rajasthan Aq23 987765

then in merge item you will select this above source file where Matching fields = Source field "Locate" match with "Loc" matching MDM field. and In source fields to merge you will select desk and telephone no as available field to Merge fields.

After mapping with required destination fields

so in detination Preview you will get output like this:

Name Emp ID Loc desk telephone no

Raj 1234 Delhi Bw23 1234567

Swapan 5678 Banglore Bw56 456789

Mandeep 9187

for record Mandeep as its Loc Lookup field is not associated with subtable Locations so that why its not merging other field values with this record. similarly it is applicable for all the subtables if and only if when a field from main table is look up to that sub table.So in this way you can syndicating records of main table combined with subtable.

Rewards if useful..

Hope it helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

I am not sure about the Version MDM 5.5 SP5 .

but it work fine for main table as well as Sub Tables.

In Merge Item we can take Tab Delimited text file only for External table. check whether yourfile is proper Tab Delimited or not. you can check your file by using Import Manager as Type = Delimited Text and Delimiter = /t.

I am using MDM 5.5 SP6

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

I tried the same on MDM SP05 and its giving the error when the destination is selected any thing other than Flat. But as i said it is working fine for higher versions.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh ,

I am on MDM 5.5 SP5 .

- Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Its working fine for Qualified tables as well. Im using MDM 5.5 SP06 which version you are on?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja