cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Datasource transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a confusion in transporting the PA DS from D - Q - P systems. this is for DP PA backup. They have many tabs in DP/SNP extraction.

I generated the DS in D system. Then my next step should be Replicate DS. Should i click 'Transport DS' ?

Once i replicate, and in BW side, i will replicate the Metadata. then its fine within that system. Now how do i tpt this DS from D to Q and P systems ?

Do i have to create this DS manually in all systems and replicate individually or should i tpt all in a tpt itself ?

Can anyone pls give me the step by step process ?

Secondly, i dont have same appln comp hierarchy in all 3 systems. I think thats still ok to tpt ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish

I actually tried that option in the first option. The tpt was failed in Q system. It says "Program terminated (job: RDDEXECL, no.: 12272400)' and the job log says

Step 001 started (program RDDEXECL, variant , user ID DDIC)

All DB buffers of application server sapbwq were synchronized

ABAP/4 processor: ASSERTION_FAILED

Job cancelled.

So i am getting many doubts, like do i have to manually click the tab in PA ext tools, Transport DS to tpt it to other systems ?

and it also says "Application component DM of DataSource 9AZXXXXXX does not exist" when i click "check Datasource" tab. This DM is existing in D system but not in Q, P systems. But i have other DSs working fine under NODESNOTCONNECTED AC.

Any advice pls..

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinidhi

Thx for your suggestion. But we are already in Prodn. PAs are in P system already. I dont want to use TSOBJ again just to tpt the DS.

I am creating a new DS and this one i want to tpt to Q/P systems. I have a big doubt in the data extraction tools - about the tab : Transport DS. Should we use this (from PA scrn) to create a tpt or manually create a tpt from BW side ? and import into Q/P systems ?

need help in this.. I also have problems in this DS area.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to transport the DS alone, just go to RSA1

there is a button for "transportation connection on the left"

click on object types and get the DS

you can then choose the one you want and drop it in the collected objects screen and hit the transport icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may transport your planning area using manual option /SAPAPO/TSOBJ and then choose the checkbox 'With datasource transport' for the selected planning area. This will enable you to transport your PA datasource from D to Q & P systems.

regards,

Srinidhi