cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set to null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a question regarding to Visual Composer 7.1 SP5.

I want to call a webservice. The Web Service Test GUI of the SAP Web AS allows to set

every argument to "null" via a "set null" checkbox.

Is it possible to make such a "set null" also in the Visual Composer?

Some of my boolean and string fields should be able to be set to null.

Best regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

U want By Default the value in input filed should be null or zero . if u want to display ur value null we can display go to properties set default to null in VC

Regards ,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and how can i set a default value of "Null"? What is the constant for null in VC? In Java it is simply "null".

Thx

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a ="" without any space in the default value will serve as null. You can chk this with dummy input field assigned to ="" and a datastore to retreive the value, and again a label to display some text based on the if-condition of datastore in the label's default value. The false value (text) of the if-statement will be displayed in the label.

If its not clear, let me know, i'll give more info.

Regards,

Vani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

you doont need to set any values for null variables if you dont pass any value in those parameters it will be seen as null automatically.

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i see.

But this doesn't solve my problem unfortunatelly. The fields are still all in the xml.

Is there no way to get them out there?

Greetings

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above, if the field is not mapped to another field/control/dynamic expression then it will be assigned as null in the request. If you like to pass an empty string you should be able to assign it using a dynamic expression to =""

I think what matters is not what is included within the GML or XGL, but what is being sent to the backend as part of the SOAP request.

You can observe the SOAP requests ws navigator is sending in the UI, and view the SOAP request VC sends using the trace by:

Raise the trace level of the web services connector to: "All" using the NWA log configuration (location: "com.sap.portal.connectors.WebServices") -> reproduce => check the java default trace

Best Regards,

Ran