cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DuplicateKeyException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am using a receiver file adapter with a content conversion with j2ee jms adapter in the module chain.

When I am trying to poll a message I always receive the follwowing error message in the runtime workbench:

"Message ID 634a89b0-2663-11dd-8813-0002550968d3(INBOUND) already exists in database: com.sap.sql.DuplicateKeyException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SAPXY1DB.SYS_C00116742) violated"

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error means that an attempt has been made to insert a record with a duplicate (unique) key. This error will also be generated if an existing record is updated to generate a duplicate (unique) key. Typically this is a duplicate primary key, but it need not be the primary key.

Remedy

1) Remove the unique restriction.

2) Change the restriction to allow duplicate keys. An index could be changed to be a non-unique index, but remember that the primary key must always be unique

3) Do not insert the duplicate key

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Oracle-1451/ORA-00001-Unique-constraint.htm

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the sam eproblem.

Can you please tell what was problem in the configuration of the adapter.

Thanks in advance

Namadev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everybody. It was a problem of the configuration of the adapter.

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

actually when you use adapter module,and it does not work properly then it get scheduled for next attemp and this happens for no of times you have set and the time interval you have set.

like if it is for 3 sets and a time interval of 5 min is set..then you should transfer only after 15 minutes.

IN RWB you can see the settings in communication monitoring.and then audit log.

hope this helps.

regards,

ujjwal kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I assume you have file adapter on the sender side too, right?

This error means, that the message has been already sent to a queue but the processing has not been finished completely, so the system tries to send the message again and again. This occurs, when there is a problem with archiving a source file. Message is created and sent to Integration Engine, but the file is not removed from the source directory (wrong permissions) and is being polled again and again. First error in the log is "not able to archive file" and next errors are duplicate keys, because this file (message) is already in the process.

If you don't have a clue, describe your scenario more deeply.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

ORA-00001: unique constraint violated

This error means that an attempt has been made to insert a record with a duplicate (unique) key. This error will also be generated if an existing record is updated to generate a duplicate (unique) key. Typically this is a duplicate primary key, but it need not be the primary key

one of the following will be appropriate:

1.Remove the unique restriction.

2.Change the restriction to allow duplicate keys. An index could be changed to be a non-unique index, but remember that the primary key must always be unique.

3.Do not insert the duplicate key.

http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA00001.htm