cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access information in R/3 tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a long chain of 3 tables in R/3 to finally receive a link from a function module, that gives me Track and Trace functionality.

Now, the final function module is made and working.

But how do I (from inside Visual Composer) get access to various tables in R/3.

The tables in question are:

1) VBFA

2) VEPO

3) VEKP

which can all be found from SE16 in R/3.

I figure I somehow need an ABAP-developer, but maybe - just maybe - there is an easier way running a RFC or web-enable a table for input etc.?

What do you advise I do. I can retrieve all the necessary from within R/3, but the end-user will have to run it via a porta-interface within a Visual Composer Model that I am trying to get hold of.

ANY suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards

Jakob Diness

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx everyone

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jakob,

You may want to try the BAPI Explorer (BAPI) for finding what RFC's are available. You can drill down by functionality area or look for an object alphabetically. For example I looked alphabetically and found HandlingUnit, which is what a couple of your tables appear to pertain to. You can then test those functions under Handling Unit to see if any provide what you need.

I hope that is helpful.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I need to clarify.

My question was more a matter of how to AVOID making a custom BAPI. Is there any way that can be done. That an R/3 table can be used in Visual Composer?

Best regards

Jakob Diness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need a RFC function module for reading the tables or you can use adhoc queries of R/3. You can also use a JDBC Connection direct to your SAP R/3, but I do not recommended this method.

Anyway, the best way is to write a short RFC function module with three selects and three table parameters (with type of the corresponding tables:

SELECT * FROM VBFA INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE T_VBFA.
SELECT * FROM VEKP INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE T_VEKP.
SELECT * FROM VEPO INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE T_VEPO.

Then you have to define a connection to your R/3 system using the portal connector framework.

(See my [weblog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]😉

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

u r devloped ur bapi Right u can import in to VC , then u can take layers for three tables put submit button action , next button action for each layer so that the end user can view all the three tables right .

Reward points if useful

Regards ,

Venkat